Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dream A Little Dream

I'm the first to admit that I'm a bit of a dreamer at heart. I have this very idyllic vision of what my future will be like once everything falls into place and world peace has been realized.

I imagine coming home to my dream house and being greeted by my dogs Roscoe (a Boston Terrier) and Lola (French Bulldog)

(Which I do not yet own)

And right behind them will be the man of my dreams

You know, some guy I met at the gym with "Brad Pitt's face and Jesus' abs."

(Yes, I did just swipe that from 500 Days of Summer...sue me)

And instantly feeling at peace. Like everything is suddenly perfect in this crazy little universe.

I imagine us always having stimulating conversation and never ever fighting.

Nope, no raised voices in this fantasy.

Sure we'll argue, but it'll be over stupid stuff like what is The Beatles greatest song (it's Blackbird...don't even try to argue this one with me) or whether we should order Chinese or Indian for dinner.

It'll be perfect.

But, at the back of my mind I always know that this is not how it's going to be. I know we'll have good nights where maybe the fantasy will seem completely real...

But there will also be nights when there will be yelling and fighting and I'll sink down onto the cold bathroom floor in tears.

There will be bad times

There always are

But there are also times that you wouldn't trade for anything in the world. And those are the ones that keep you going.

And when good memories aren't enough to pull you out of a slump, there's no harm in doing a little daydreaming on the side

Which reminds me....

I should probably start going to the gym


No comments:

Post a Comment